Friday, April 20, 2012

I dream of an apocalyptic future.


I find myself on a lonely stretch of road, filled with rubble as high as 10 storey buildings. The buildings themselves are riddled with holes as big as a person. It seemed like a giant, a really big giant had punched the building with rage. The desolate stretch completely wrought of  any living soul, coupled with the eerie silence started the creep the soul out of me. Then out of nowhere I hear a humming sound. It sounded like a hover craft engine cranking about its job to float a vehicle above the asphalt in a thin cushion of air. I could squint through the dust and see the outline of few people on a open roofed hovercraft type car.

I wanted to yell help, but my survival instincts kicks in and I drop to my knees hiding behind the rubble. Checking the visitors from my new vantage point, an unreal sense of fear sets into me and realize those were not humans, but look alike machines. They were scanning for life among the desolate landscape and their bright red eyes and expressionless calmness gave away their intentions... predators searching for their kill.

Just as my knees were about to give up on this scary realization, I feel myself shouting out in helpless yelps, but a hand grabs me by my shoulder and another hand cups my mouth...transforming my yelps into a muttered gasp for breath. I taste dust on my tongue and feel myself being pulled into a hole dug deep into the building.

After the dust clears, I get my bearings straight and I realize the presence of humans around me, which provided a pleasant settling feeling. I hear me say, "where am I?", "What is happening?", "what is going on?". I hear a dull thud and a bang behind me. It felt like, someone was trying to blow a hole in the building.

The humans around me start running and yelled, "Come on... let's go. It's not safe here!!". And one guy says "It's the androids... they are exterminating all humans!!". I just run after them, trying to save my life.

-Alphonse

No comments: