Friday, December 10, 2010

So... this goes down in history

It was a grueling 1:30 minute session; my thesis defense. Throat was parched dry with a dry weird feeling down the esophagus. Not due to various long explanations for the committee members, but a vague feeling that persisted in my mind; have I done something incorrect in my research? But once I completed the presentation, I knew that graduation was imminent. All that preparation...phew... it is complete.

It took an entire day for the message to sink in. I am finally an MS graduate. This goes down in the annals of NCSU CS dept, as well as in my history!!

Wow!! I made a fatal decision to pursue thesis exactly 11/2 years back and I live to tell the tale now. It has had its moments, nerve wracking situations, feelings of deja vu, light bulb effect and finally it boiled down to a successful defense.

Came to US with a goal and even though it has been a long journey, that has been pitted with moments memorable and other wise. Busted my laptop; almost took down a public server due to my experiments; gulped down design issues with beer; countless nights of just watching a *ix terminal and various series; procrastination of everything from laundry to taking bath; the goal has been finally achieved.

"Mission Accomplished!!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is indeed a very great moment.

Hearty Congrats Alphonse !!

Unknown said...

cool bro u worked ur way through it really happy for u. :)